Our vision at Ian Hobbs Technical Services is to be nothing less than innovative, responsible and to give true value to our customers through our uncompromising focus on quality.
We owe our success to the continued drive for quality at every stage and every level of Ian Hobbs Technical Services’ operation. From initial site survey, specification and design, through to installation, testing and commissioning we provide first class, professional service. Our after sales services team provide the customer with an attention to detail and post installation peace of mind.
We have an exciting opportunity seeking a Refrigeration, Air Conditioning, Cold Room & Ventilation Design/Estimating Project Engineer, you will be responsible for the production of detailed design & product information. You will form a key member of the Project & Design team provide support to both pre- and post-sales functions.
About the Ian Hobbs Technical Services Ltd Team
At the heart of the company is an exceptional workforce, the highly trained forward-thinking engineers, technicians and support staff, who each play a crucial role in maintaining Ian Hobbs Technical Services unrivalled reputation for innovation, reliability and first-class customer service.
About the job:
- Work as a key member of the Project Management and Design Team, taking a proactive role in assisting the Directors.
- Production of detailed quotations for Refrigeration, Air conditioning, Ventilation and Mechanical works, to include site surveys, Designer Risk Assessments, heat load calculations and equipment selection for retail, leisure, commercial industrial projects, value £5K-£500K throughout the Southwest.
- Site surveys to be undertaken as and when required.
- Support prospective customers, acting as the primary resource on product and technical knowledge, helping to resolve any unmet needs or issues clients may have.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and assist in researching and developing new products alongside Sales, Business Development and Product Marketing teams.
- Create client-facing presentations with Proof of Concept, project proposals, solutions, product demos, expense estimates and offer solutions to technical complaints and concerns.
- Proactively offer product insights and solutions to issues and implement either manual or automated solutions that best suit customer needs.
- Build strong relationships with customers, and regularly check-in to ensure continuous relationship throughout.
If you know about the following its a plus:
- Must be computer literate, self-motivated, personable, able to work independently and as part of a Team, and liaise effectively at all levels.
- The successful individual should have excellent written and verbal skills, be fully IT conversant including competent with use of AutoCAD.
- Candidates will possess a proven track record of building strong professional relationships and project management.
- Previous experience within the Refrigeration & Air conditioning industry (or similar) and relevant legislation knowledge is essential, with knowledge of major suppliers / equipment within the market. ONC/HNC qualification in Building Services (Refrigeration / Air Conditioning) preferred.
- Candidates should be self-motivated, personable and confident, possess excellent customer focus, and a team player prepared to occasionally control projects if required during busy periods.
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation.
Strictly NO agencies
All enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org